- Cook, drain and mash a yellow squash.
- Add a cup of sugar, a cup of milk, half a grated nutmeg, cinnamon,
and a spoonful of vanilla.
- Salt to taste.
- Pour in prepared pie shell and bake one hour.
Tastes a lot like pumpkin pie.
- Three or four eggs (depending on size), 1 quart flour, 1 quart
buttermilk, small handful of sugar, melted lard (size of 2 eggs),
4 pinches baking powder mixed with flour, 4 pinches of soda mixed
with a little hot water.
- Beat all this together for several minutes.
- Pour onto hot griddle from a pitcher.
About a half cup makes a good-sized flapjack, easy to turn over.